- We have had 5 weeks of school so far and things are going well.
- We have had a large earthquake and a few landslides this month
- I have started going to a new church that is in English called Access Church. They have a young adults group that I have been able to get connected with. A lot of the people from my previous church attend here.
- Our women’s bible study started up again and we are studying 1 Samuel and are following a book called “ After God’s Heart” by Myrna Alexander.
- We celebrated Independence Day on the 15th.
Life In Guatemala
This past month has been a mixture of many emotions. I have been really happy getting back into the routine of teaching again. I have been sad, missing the people that are on furlough or have gone back to the United States. I have been a bit homesick, missing friends and family in PA. I have been grateful for the many new staﬀ members to get to know. I have enjoyed the company of my current roommates. I have been confused as I got momentarily lost trying to ﬁnd Walmart. I have been frightened and shaken as we experienced a large 1:36 minute long earthquake. I have been stretched and challenged to focus more of my time strengthening my relationship with God. I have been proud of my students as they performed for our Independence Day celebration. I have been thankful for a nice place to stay. And I have been relieved to hear that the landslides did not do too much damage.
We have had 5 weeks of school already and things are well. I have a great group of kids this year. I currently have 12 students, but one is moving up to 5th grade and one will be starting at our school 2nd quarter.
We were able to celebrate Independence Day at CAG and we had some men from the Guatemalan national military come to our school to raise the ﬂag. Afterward, we had another school band perform and our students performed traditional dances, poems, or songs with the school. Then we celebrated together by eating traditional Guatemalan food for lunch and listening to a marimba band.
Prayer Requests: Please pray for the students and their families as school continues to pick up pace.
- Wisdom for making decisions
- For good health.
- That I may be a blessing to others and spread God’s love to those around me.
- For one of my students who is moving up to 5th grade, that the transition would go well.
- That I would use my time wisely
- God has protected us during the earthquake.
- God constantly provides
Verse of the Month
“Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.”
Psalm 40:5 NIV
Thank you all, for your prayers and consistent support! If you would like to support me ﬁnancially, donations can be made at: http://www.cten.org/amandaheisey/