- Class has been going well.
- I was able to climb the active volcano Pacaya at night and see the flow of lava. It was a really cool experience.
- I am learning to play the ukulele.
- I started going to our Women’s Bible study again. We are
studying the book of Romans.
- We had a great Welcome Back night and I got to meet many of
the parents of my students this year.
- We celebrated Independence Day for Guatemala on the 14th.
- I have also started up tutoring again. I am currently tutoring
every school day, except Wednesday’s.
Life in Guatemala
This past month has been a month of self control and patience. I have had a few challenges in the classroom already, but I think we are headed off to a good start now.
I was extremely blessed by some of the parents of my students this year. I was invited over to their house, along with other teachers that instruct their kids, and we were served a delicious meal and got to hear how God has been at work in their family and in their ministry. The kids served us our food, and it was very sweet to be so pampered by them. I was reminded of the importance we have in doing our work for the Lord, whatever it may be.
This past week we also got to celebrate Guatemala’s Independence. We had a great Independence celebration at our school and the kids all had a part in it.
Please continue to keep the country of Guatemala in your prayers…there is still a lot of corruption in the government and there is currently a lot of political unrest. There have been many recent demonstrations and protests in the city.
In other awesome news: Our bridge is back! About 3 years ago the bridge near us was damaged by a landslide. The bridge was closed and it made driving and traffic an even bigger nightmare. A 5 minute drive turned into 30+ minutes. It has finally been repaired and rebuilt. We are all praising God for this huge blessing.
I love my friends and chocolate. So far one thing I learned this year is how plants grow. I think it would be cool to take a video of a plant that we planted and share it with the class. Please pray for my grandma to feel better soon.
I like to play with my cell phone. I like the color gray. I like tacos and I love my family. I have been learning a lot at church. I like when they show the Super Book clips. Please pray for my family.
– For good health
– For good time management
– For the students and me as we continue the school year
– For wisdom and discernment
– God continues to provide in all things. Our bridge is back!
– God has continued to provide safety and provision.
Verse of the Month
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,”
Hebrews 12:1 NIV
If would like to support my ministry in Guatemala financially please visit: